Chemistry Teacher Needed in Georgia
Job title: Grades 9-12 Combination
School System: Gwinnett County Public Schools – Metro Atlanta
Grade Level: High School (7-12)
Closing date: 01/06/2012
Education Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in applicable field of education from a Professional Standards Commission (PSC) approved college or university required.
Experience Qualifications: None required.
Skills Qualifications: Knowledge of Gwinnett County Public Schools (GCPS) Academic Knowledge and Skills (AKS) curriculum with in-depth knowledge of content in field/s of certification; knowledge of techniques for integrating curriculum, GCPS policies, and effective instructional practices. Understanding of the teaching/learning process; ability to infuse technology into instruction to increase student learning. Ability to work effectively with administrators, colleagues, central office and school based staff, students, parents and community. Excellent oral and written communication and human relations skills.
Primary Responsibilities: Plan and provide for appropriate learning experiences for students based on the district AKS curriculum; provide an atmosphere and environment conducive to the intellectual, physical, social, and emotional development of individuals.
Gwinnett County offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package and opportunities for career growth and development.
1. Two professional references from current and previous principals. New teachers may submit references from cooperating teacher and college supervisor. Teachers with less than three years of teaching experience may submit a reference from current principal and cooperating teacher/college supervisor (downloadable form through website);
2. College transcript(s); Transcripts printed from the Internet cannot be accepted.
3. Georgia Educator Certificate or out-of-state certificate/license;
4. Content Assessment (GACE Assessment; Praxis II (prior to September 1, 2006); content assessment required for out-of-state certificate/license);
5. Basic skills assessment or exemption (required as part of Georgia approved preparation program entrance requirements). Candidates are exempt from this requirement if they have earned and can produce Qualifying Scores as follows:
SAT: 1000 GRE: 1030 ACT: 43
Name: Patrice Pendergast
Address: 437 Old Peachtree Road
Suwanee, Georgia 30024